HAPPY FEBRUARY EVERYONE!!
This BLOG is going to be a FUN ONE. I asked you guys on Instagram what you wanted to read about on my blog this month and everyone loved the idea of hearing some good old fashioned GYM DOS AND DO NOTS. I've honestly been on the gym scene for more than 8 years, and i'd like to think i've pretty much seen it all. Going to the gym should be a comfortable and effective experience for EVERYONE. Don't be afraid or intimidated to step into the gym and get your sweat on. With these simple rules to follow you can make sure you get the MOST out of those hard-working gym sessions without stressing:
GYM DO NOT'S
1. DO NOT spend all of your time on cardio machines or strength machines:
I can't stress enough that if you are new to the gym, don't use machines as a crutch. Focus on bodyweight, functional based exercises that translate to real life movements and will help you to improve your balance and prevent injury. Over-developing isolated muscles groups can lead to serious imbalances and won't help you to move and function better on a day to day basis.
2. DO NOT carry your phone with you and text/talk on the phone while using equipment: not only is this rude and inconsiderate of other member's trying to use the equipment, but it is also distracting you from having an effective workout. Leave the cell phone in the locker room or your pocket.
3. DO NOT slam weights or equipment loudly and without control: this could not only injure you or other members, but it is distracting and annoying for other exercisers. If the weight you are using is too heavy for you to control; you probably shouldn't be using it..
4. DO NOT use equipment or weights that you don't know how to use properly;
I know I sound like a broken record, but this is the fastest way to get injured while at the gym. If you don't know how to use a machine/do an exercise, ASK A PROFESSIONAL. If you don't have on staff trainers, please feel free to shoot me an email and I can help direct you on form.
1. DO bring a towel to use at the gym; this is a great trick to keep YOUR sweat off of the equipment, and to keep other people's sweat off of YOU. A nice medium sized or pre-sized gym towel will work perfectly, and you can place it on any machine that you sit or lean on. Prevent the spreading of germs and keep your gym sanitary!
2. DO bring a water bottle full of WATER with you to the gym; your body truly does need to rehydrate as you sweat during your workout, so don't show up to the gym without some water to drink. I recommend purchasing a large sized plastic water bottle to fill up with AT LEAST 30-40 OZ of water. You need to replace what you lose, so the more water you can get in while you are moving around, the less you have to focus on drinking AFTERWARDS.
3. DO have a plan about what you are going to work/target BEFORE you step into the gym;
Some people don't like to have a plan set up before stepping into the gym, but I can tell you from experience that it's always safer to have some guidelines for yourself. If you are semi-new to the gym life, you want to make sure you know what you want to work or target before you get there and i'll tell you why. If you walk in without a plan chances are you are going to end up wandering around, hopping on some cardio equipment, and then finding some machines that look understandable for you to use. By the time you end up leaving, you feel like you've accomplished nothing at all. If you know you are going to the gym that day, do a quick internet search for some workout plans targeting a specific body part and try to follow those in the gym! I recommend some of these below:
8 WEEK BODY SCULPTING GUIDE
Looking for the do-it-all guide that will take the mystery out of the gym?
Are you looking for some guidance when it comes to working out?
Already know what to do in the gym but want a solid routine?
Cardio? Strength Training? Plyometrics? Wondering which is best??
Completely lost on how to get your dream body?
LET ME HELP. After the successful release of my glute guide, this program was so highly requested I just couldn't say no. You guys wanted a FULL body workout that would help you build lean muscle and burn away the fat and YOU GOT IT.
This program takes strength training and combines it with stabilization techniques that will challenge your core and balance. It will keep your heart rate elevated and your muscles burning!
Program Level: FOR ABSOLUTELY ANYONE, Beginner-Advanced
Program Goal: Lean Muscle Gain, Strength Building, Joint Stability, Preventative Health, General Fitness, Tightening, Reducing Body Fat, Functionality, Quality of Life, Metabolic Boost
**GYM EQUIPMENT IS REQUIRED FOR THIS PROGRAM
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
Healthy at Home (8-WEEK HOME FITNESS PROGRAM)
This original EXCUSE-FREE workout plan is designed to be convenient.
This program was designed to be executed with no equipment necessary , and can be done absolutely anywhere. You can do it at the gym, or at home. With or without weights or accessories (they are unnecessary!), and it will fit into any schedule!
This is the workout program that allows for NO EXCUSES.
NO extra equipment or gym membership required.
JUST YOU and YOUR GOALS!!
Which is why it was a mandatory edition to my current program library.
PROGRAM WILL ALSO BE MADE AVAILABLE WITH HOW-TO VIDEO SOON!
See below for all details:
LEVEL: BEGINNER- ADVANCED (for ANYONE!)
PROGRAM LENGTH: 8 Weeks long
PROGRAM DIFFICULTY: Beginner - Intermediate
PROGRAM FOCUS: Strength, Fat Loss, General Health, Convenience
Provides you with FOUR different PHASES, including: Foundations, Dynamic Movement, Push Your Limits, and Combination.
Each PHASE contains 3 different WORKOUTS, for a total of 12 WORKOUTS.
AS A BONUS you will also receive a personal discount code for use on any of my other programs (consistency is key), and an extra list of BODYWEIGHT exercise combinations you can do at home/anywhere. Not to mention, all of my programs come with UNLIMITED email support for any questions or concerns you may have.
If you have any injuries and need things modified, you can email me anytime.
AND as if you needed another reason to purchase...you get all of this for just 32$ -
That breaks down to JUST 4$ PER WEEK.
Skip one coffee a week and you've got that money.
NO EXCUSES, get started today!
Completed this program? I recommend my Healthier at Home- 2ND Edition (10-WK HOME PROGRAM) or my 8 WEEK BODY SCULPTING GUIDE as your next step.
Looking to spice up your boring cardio routine??
Confused about how to use cardio to speed up your fat loss?
PRESENTING the very first installment of "CARDIO MANIA"-
A Steady State/Interval Training Cardio Program for anyone of ANY fitness level.
Not only will you be receiving the workouts, but you will be receiving a bit of insight on what the difference between the two types of cardio is and which you should utilize to meet your goals FASTER. This installment contains 4 different cardio methods; but I am planning on releasing more in the future, so if you have a machine that you'd like to see workouts for... email me and I might include it in a future program!!
Program Level: FOR ABSOLUTELY ANYONE, Beginner-Advanced
Program Goal: Fat burning, Cardiovascular Conditioning, Health, Athletic Conditioning, General Fitness, Movement
LEVEL: BEGINNER- ADVANCED
What you get:
- 20 HIIT Cardio Workouts (5 Treadmill, 5 Stairmaster, 5 Elliptical, 5 Bodyweight)
- 20 Steady State Alternatives
- Levels, Intervals, Time, and Resistance detailed
- Difference between HIIT & SS CARDIO and How to Choose For YOU
Any other questions about this program? Email me : email@example.com
CORE COMPLEX- A 6-WEEK PROGRAM
Are you looking to tighten up your midsection?
Lose inches on your waist?
Improve your balance and coordination?
Prevent injury and protect your spine?
...Well LOOK NO FURTHER.
After some time in development, I am extremely proud to present my very first core program CORE COMPLEX -
This is no average "Ab Training Program"... this is a complex 6-WEEK plan that will work on all areas of proper core training and progression. This is a scientific-based program. You will start from the basics, and when you have mastered those; you will make your way up to more complex and challenging movements.
Since your "CORE" consists of your back, hips, obliques, and abdominal muscles, this program targets all of those muscles with the goal of increasing strength, stabilization, and functionality.
PROGRAM GOAL: Core strength, stabilization, functional health, general fitness, body fat loss, increase lean body mass, athletic performance (this is the DO-EVERYTHING program)
PROGRAM LEVEL: Absolute beginner- competitive athlete
* This program can be performed by itself or in conjunction with any other fitness program/exercise routine. It is designed for seamless integration.
- 3 PROGRESSIVE PHASES (addressing all parts)
- Stabilization and Balance
- Power and Performance
- 6 WEEKS OF PROGRAMMING
- 16 DIFFERENT WORKOUTS
- NUTRITIONAL TIPS
- PROGRAM RECOMMENDATION
Looking for a total-body program to work on WITH the Core Complex? I recommend my 8 WEEK BODY SCULPTING GUIDE as a supplement to this program, to be performed during or after.
HAVE ANY OF YOUR OWN GYM DO'S AND DON'TS???
COMMENT BELOW AND LET ME KNOW !
Michelle is a NASM certified, Pro-Trainer who works full-time in the health and fitness field.
Please exercise with caution and know your physical limitations. Ask if you have any questions.